People often ask me, what does Hannahtopia mean?
First let’s start with the girl behind the name
This is my daughter, Hannah. An epilepsy warrior her entire life. Diagnosed with Lennox Gastaut Syndrome, a severe form of intractable epilepsy.
Seeing her battle her entire life through the struggles of epilepsy inspired me to create this online boutique to spread a bit of happiness to other families who know this same journey oh so well. It’s only fitting for her name to be front and center!
And finished it off with “topia”
- It is our imagined place where everything is perfect, “utopia”. Our version of “utopia” – which we call “topia”.
- An online boutique to get epilepsy warrior products that are comfy, colorful, functional and NOT medically sterile looking!
- Thus the name … Hannahtopia 🙂
It’s a unique boutique
catering to warriors living with epilepsy and other medical challenges that oftentimes require or experience:
- Repeat EEG tests
- Feeding tubes
- Many medical appointments and visits to therapists, and other specialists
- Countless sleepless nights
- Challenges associated with a “normal” day or an adventure outside in the world
- Emotionally challenging moments
- Stressful, anxious times
- Insecure and isolated moments.
It’s a place that gathers together and offers
all things colorful, happy, positive, and comforting so that we can help these children and their families find their “topia”.
Why did we create this boutique?
Because, we live it; therefore, we get it.
We want to help make each and every warrior and their family feel special and loved!
Our goal and the whole meaning behind our existence is to send packages of happy, to create smiles, comfort, and remove the medically sterile look during seizure testing and products we are often required to use.
Happiness is healthy and helps with the healing process! We hope you enjoy our boutique!Heather and Hannah, Founders